Monday, November 26, 2007

my family

Living away from family is mostly a bummer, I've decided. I love my family. I love seeing them over the holidays, playing with my nieces and nephews, and talking with my parents, brothers, and sisters. I love every second of it.

And I think being with my family reminds me that I was created for community. But my family is only part of my community. My friends in West Virginia are also part of my community. My friends spread out across the globe are also part of my community. And I think I'm craving more community right now. There's this deep-seated desire I have to connect more with people, to love them somehow, and receive love and friendship from them as well.

I want to work harder on recognizing and celebrating community, however it looks in my life. Today, one of my friends here in West Virginia helped me move a coal stove into my house. (My propane bill last year was incredibly high, so I'm hoping coal will be cheaper and more fun for me to use to heat my house.) Anyway, he always helps me out when I need stuff done around my house that I can't do. He's like a big brother to me in a lot of ways. I'm thankful for his friendship!

No comments: