Thursday, October 11, 2007

Traveling Ahead

I've been on the road a lot recently. It's been good, but also tiring. Last weekend, I traveled to Indy to see my brother and his wife and new son, and then headed over to Illinois to be with my parents. Sunday, I spoke at my home church. It was a full day, but really encouraging for me as well.

I think speaking about life and ministry in West Virginia always challenges me: I find myself thinking, 'how can i put this all into words?' And somehow, God always shows me how to speak and gives me the words and His wisdom. This weekend was no different. And I'm thankful for that. Plus, my home church was incredibly affirming in their encouragement and support of me.

This weekend, I'm off to Roan Mountain, Tennessee for some backpacking with Mel. My favorite hiking spot with a good friend...can it get any better?

Next weekend, I'm back to Indy for my nephew's dedication at church. My whole family will be there - i can't wait for that!

The only sad part about all this traveling is my dog being alone...I don't miss him much, but I think he misses me. This past weekend while I was gone, he chewed off the water spicket outside my house. Water was gushing freely for who knows how long! His favorite chew toy is a 6 foot long drain pipe, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. :)

I'll write more next week.

1 comment:

Melissa/Mel said...

sometimes i wish you blogged more often!