Wednesday, October 24, 2007

On a whim

I happened to be in Indianapolis last weekend (see yesterday's blog) with my family, and just so happened to notice a used car lot while driving past it, and happened to glance upon a pontiac vibe in my price range...and i just so happened to buy it. I'm glad my dad was with me, because, while I like to feel independent and capable of making important decisions on my own, it's good to have your dad agree with you about your decisions. And it's also good to have your dad help you negotiate with a used car salesman. No offense to any used car salespeople, I just think they aren't so pushy towards me when my dad's with me.

So, I'm pretty pumped about my 'new' car. It's real shiny. I had spray painted my old chevy cavalier where the rust was showing through, so I think this is a definite step up. In fact, I feel like it's so nice I don't deserve it. The coolant doesn't even leak! It's incredible.

And I also know that God provided it for me. I mean, God didn't necessarily write on the wall, "Buy the Pontiac Vibe in Indy this weekend..." But He did provide the funds necessary to get a good used car. One that is comfortable and safe and efficient. And I don't deserve it.

4 comments:

Calli said...

Merilee that is great!! How exciting that you have a new car and are now able to use your spray paint for other fun things! So when will the vibe be ready for a road trip back to CO?

Raleigh said...

post a pic and show off the new wheels.

Leslie said...

Mel was telling me about your car purchase the other day when we chatted. Congrats! I'd love to see a picture as well!

Merilee said...

picture coming soon, i promise!