Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Absent and thankful

It's been a while since I've blogged. And I have reasons a plenty. Busy weekends, having no desire to be online, trying to catch up on missed 'Office' episodes, and so on and so forth...you know how it is.

I kinda feel like my computer is like my silent accountability partner...just waiting for me to talk and be honest again...it's visible presence a reminder to connect myself to others and to take time to reflect in writing.

So, I went to Indianapolis last weekend to see my new nephew be dedicated in church. I love this little 5-month old boy. He's a gift from God. And my brother and sister-in-law are wonderful loving parents. It's all so good. It was good for my heart to be there with them, celebrating with them their joy - their son - their blessing. It reminded me of God's words to the Israelites right before they were to cross over the Jordan and claim the land God had brought them to.

He reminds them that they are entering a place "with large, flourishing cities you did not build, houses filled with all kinds of good things you did not provide, wells you did not dig, and vineyards you did not plant." They would constantly use and be among things of value that didn't come from them. They had no claim to self-sufficiency, nor could they boast of themselves. Thankfulness - their only option. God had given them everything.

God has been good to my family. He has given us much. My heart is thankful for Levi, my nephew. For bringing him to my brother and sister-in-law, and providing Levi with a family of love. I am thankful. We are thankful.

No comments: