Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The rest of the story

So earlier I told you about the black dog who came to visit me and oso.

Something happened to him.

It wasn't my fault, I promise.

But there has been this horrible smell coming from the railroad tracks the past few days.

The short story is that little black dog left my yard at the end of last week when my friend Ryan scared him away with a bb gun. I promise that the bb gun did not hurt the dog. It just chased him out of my yard (earlier I tried to scare him away with pepper spray. i did not succeed. he stayed and I had to leave my yard because of the pepper i kept breathing in).

Anyway, i thought little black dog found a new home somewhere else. Apparently, he was crossing the train tracks one day when a train got him.

I couldn't leave him there. So last night (when the smell wasn't so bad and we couldn't see the carnage as clearly), Ryan and I buried him under the pine tree. Next to the cat i buried (again, not my fault. my friend's little black cat died when a truck hit him).

I take back all of my frustration about little black dog. he was a nice dog. kind. affable. forgiving even. i am sad.

2 comments:

Melissa/Mel said...

its rough being an animal in powtan! sorry it died. didn't ryan help you with that chicken issue last summer? or was that tim? sorry...

christian and amanda said...

reminds me of the cat i kicked off the porch at the emmaus house. i felt so bad that i actually befriends the thing for the rest of the summer. miss you.