Wednesday, September 19, 2007

the perfect truck

I've been on the hunt recently for my next used car to own. My chevy cavalier has peaked out at 206,000 miles, and it seems like the engine has breathed its last. I could put a 'new' (i.e. used engine with 60,000 miles on it) into it for $900 dollars, labor included. My mcdowell county, W.V. friends tell me to replace the engine and keep it going. But i'm just not so sure...

So, I'm dreaming up the perfect car to replace it.
  • Good miles per gallon (save the earth, right??)
  • Stick-shift drive (way more fun)
  • Space to haul my dog or my bike or my backpacking gear in the back
  • Not a bank-breaker
  • Low mileage

Any suggestions?

I will say this, though. Living in West Virginia makes you want to own a pickup truck. Then I would be a real mountain momma. I could mount my shotgun in the back window and the rebel flag painted on the hood. I think I actually get get away with that here. Crazy...

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I'd definitely go for the truck. Put a cap on the back and you could store all sorts of stuff.

Merilee said...

that's what i'm thinking, leslie...thanks for the affirmation!