Thursday, September 13, 2007

here goes something

i've been a bit sluggish in entering the blog world...but my cool friends all have blogs. plus, there is just a lot of good stuff i've been reading in books recently that i have to share. like this:

"Cutting down on certain foods is good for our health and the planet, while caring about where our food comes from and what conditions it and its growers live under is good for the soul." J. Matthew Sleeth

I've been reading Sleeth's book, Serve God Save the Planet. It forces you to think - what kind of choices can i make that would be good for the planet and good for others. it reminds me that my relationship with God is deeply connected with my relationship with others, which is also deeply connected with how i treat the earth.

1 comment:

Melissa/Mel said...

welcome to the wide world of blogging!