Wednesday, January 27, 2010

soccer

After a long hiatus of 7 years, i'm back to playing soccer again. My sister told me about a rec. league some of her friends are in, so I joined their team. It is pretty recreational, but surprisingly I am not very good myself either. It seems that my skills have either deteriorated or weren't that great to begin with. :) Either way, it's just fun. And I do score some goals occasionally as well. :)
Our last game, however, wasn't exactly the garden of dreams. I accidentally tripped, and while my hand was on the ground, an opposing player stepped on it. With her cleats. We both heard a "Crunch"... But I can still move my fingers, and the swelling is going down now after a couple days. Funny how you never think of hurting your hand while playing soccer. After all these years...
Here's what an un-injured hand looks like on me:
And then there's this one:


2 comments:

Melissa/Mel said...

sister...you and your hand injuries. ugh...it looks much worse than i was imagining in my head...and the non-chalant way you described it.

also...i love that you used the phrase, "Garden of Dreams"...and that we've been there!

christian and amanda said...

i've been playing rec. volleyball. the first week, i did a vball 101 spiel for all those that might not have a clue, and then proceeded to play like i had no clue...
playing sports in your 30s....a way to tackle any pride issues we might have?? sorry 'bout your hand, thanks for the post card.