Saturday, September 20, 2008

painting

Today was beautiful outside. 70 degrees. Sunny. Slightly breezy. Perfect, really.

I decided to paint the outside of my house today. I've been wanting to for a long time. A while back I tried to powerwash it clean and I ended up powerwashing some of the paint off. So...it needed a new paint job.

I think I'm in over my head.

I didn't even get a whole side finished. With the first coat.

At least now I know what I'll be doing every day after work in September...and October. (Today was extra slow cuz I had to wash the house off and try out sprayers and then I decided to paint with the ole brush and roller).

But, I do have to say - I love projects. Especially the ones involving hard work and manual labor. I love the satisfaction that awaits me when I ultimately finish this insanely big task. :)

4 comments:

christian and amanda said...

will it still be white and black? you should definitely get that back door. oso has done a number on it.

Melissa/Mel said...

you are funny.
maybe you would have made more progress if you hadn't spent so much time on the phone!

Merilee said...

I'll post pictures of my house after i paint it, but there's no promise that you'll see a difference. It'll still be black and white (paint courtesy of mustard seeds). and cherokee is the one to blame for the scratched up back door...a nice memory of her wonderful stay in powhattan.

Raleigh said...

you should have a red door!