Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mountain Do Triathlon




This past weekend marked an important first in my athletic career. I competed in my very first triathlon! And finished! (always a bonus) Here's how it went down: I ran a hard 5-6 mile loop around a lake with lots of hills. Then it was into the kayak (I hadn't kayaked before, but hard how could kayaking be, right?) for a mile loop in the lake. Then off on the bike for 2 laps around the lake ~ 11 miles or so. I finished in just over 3 hours, and even managed to beat several other women in my division.



It was great!



4 comments:

Raleigh said...

that is so great! and i think kayaking is pretty challenging your first time... at least it was for me. way to go, beans.
i will be in louisville this weekend...

Leslie said...

Hey you tri-athlete. What in the world? Keep at it.

christian and amanda said...

OK, so after your triathlon..you might be ready for our local "Woman of the wilderness contest". My buddy won it a few years ago...i participated, but being 2 months post-baby and not in shape...i didn't achieve very well. here's some events: wood sawing, xcountry skiing with 20lb bag of potatoes in a baby backpack, shooting paint balls, elk calling, husband calling, carry 10 gallons of water wearing snow shoes (yes, the contest is in the winter), lasso toss...well, you get the picture. I think you would rule!!!

Anonymous said...

We hope you come back this year. The event will be held on April 25. All proceeds go to the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life so it is both for you and another good cause. It will be held in the same beautiful setting as last year but will not include kayaking because the lake is being dredged and is low on water. Hope to see you soon.