Sunday, November 21, 2010

Connection

So, once again, it's been a while and time for an update...my church situation has drastically changed in the past 6 months.

You know how you search for something, and keep hoping and waiting for what might actually be out there...and then when you find it, it is better than you imagined? That's how I feel about my church. In terms of size, it really couldn't get any smaller (a good Sunday has 30-40 people) but it's diverse, full of life, and brimming with hope.

I started attending regularly back in the Spring. The main pastor has been around for a long time, but there's a growing number of young, committed people attending too. It sits in the heart of Flint, and has long been known for impacting its local community and children. People who attend are the kind of people that know the needs of the city, and look for ways to meet those needs.

And I find myself quietly celebrating this new place of worship, these new circles of friends, and this overwhelmingly authentic season of life.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good post. I like it. It was interesting to read it. Great thank's author for sharing…

writing-essay.org/custom