Friday, April 9, 2010

1 minute until Florida

Living with my sister and brother-in-law is kinda a 'win-win.' They get help with their children any time they need, and I get a free trip to Florida with them! (There are other perks for me too, like being with my family, getting to invest time and energy in my nieces and nephew, and enjoying this new season of rest and relationships.) But Florida is nice too. :)

We've been counting down the days until we leave and today was the day before departure. 1 day left. Except that the kids get somewhat lost in tracking time. Anything in the past is 'yesterday.' As in "Merilee, remember when you forgot to to pack my underwear for the YMCA yesterday?" "That was a month ago, but yeah, I remember." :)

Anyway, one of the little girls reminded us today that we have 1 minute until Florida. She meant 1 day. I love her. Florida, here we come!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Anything in the past for Levi is, "the other day." Even if it just happened 10 minutes ago, he'll say, "the other day . . ." Too funny!